The Passive Switch Box PSB2-1 was designed primarily to switch between 2 headphone amplifiers (A/B comparison tests), but with some adapters (and/or special cables) it can be used to switch between 2 DAC or 2 sources (RCA “line out”).
Note : For high quality switching and A/B comparison tests between 2 DAC or 2 sources (via their RCA “line out”), it is recommended to use the PSB2-1R which is equipped with 3 sets of RCA connectors, thus simplifying and reducing the connections of the DAC and amplifier, because no adapter is required. => How to make reliable A/B comparison tests between 2 DAC (line out RCA) – with the PSB2-1R
How to use adapters with the Passive Switch Box PSB2-1 to switch between 2 DAC (RCA “line out”) (A/B comparison tests).
In order to make A/B comparison tests between 2 DAC with the PSB2-1 , it is necessary that the two DAC have a “line out” analog RCA output. The PSB2-1 must be connected between the 2 DAC and the amplifier as shown in the diagram below. All connections require the proper interconnect cables and/or adapters.
- Connect three [1/4″ stereo jack plug – RCA stereo] adapters (or your own special cables) to the 1/4″ headphone jacks of the PSB2-1.
- Connect the DAC analog “LINE OUT” RCA (Left & Right) of each of the 2 DAC respectively to the A and B sets of the 2 adapters RCA INPUTS located on the back of the PSB2-1, using [RCA – RCA] interconnect cables. (High quality Klotz cables, with Neutrik gold plated connectors can be provided optionally)
- Connect the RCA OUTPUT of the adapter on the front of the PSB2-1 to the analog “LINE IN” RCA set of the amplifier.
- Use the toggle switch to switch between the A and B DAC signals
The sonic differences (if they exist) between the connected DAC (or any other audio components connected via their “line out”) will be easily apparent as we can switch from one to the other instantly using the toggle switch, without any other distraction (no need to stop listening and pull and plug cables…, just switch between A and B with the toggle switch…)
Only high quality components with internal silver plated contacts are used in the PSB2-1 (3PDT toggle switch with silver plated contacts, 1/4″ silver plated jacks).
- How to make reliable A/B comparison tests between 2 DAC ? Use the PSB2-1R, or the PSB2-1 with adapters [RCA to 1/4″ jack]:
- How to make reliable A/B comparison tests between 2 interconnect RCA cables? Use the PSB2-1R, or the PSB2-1 with adapters [RCA to 1/4″ jack]
You can see all the products currently in stock and the special offers by visiting this page.
Don’t hesitate to contact me for any information. Worldwide shipping.